Discovering how to make this recipe completely changed the game for me. I know I’ve said it before but waffles are always my biggest craving (weird, I know) but I hate how heavy and sugary they are. By swapping out all-purpose flour with a healthier almond flour alternative and using natural sweetener, these waffles are guilt-free. I’ve made them as pancakes before too and they’re just as good!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, eggs, almond milk, vanilla, and baking powder until fully incorporated.
- Grease waffle maker or skillet using coconut oil and turn to medium/high heat.
- Spoon mix, 1/4 cup at a time, once heated, flipping when eat side is slightly browned.
- Top with your choice; I like almond butter, strawberries, and a little bit of cinnamon! Serves 2-3 people.