Who doesn’t love a nice big smoothie bowl in the morning?! Or as an afternoon snack… or dinner…. or desert. I’m fair game for anything. If you’ve been hesitant to get on the green smoothie bandwagon, this is the perfect opportunity. This smoothie bowl is sweet, refreshing, and packed with iron, antioxidants, and nutrients.
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the smoothie:
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 handful fresh kale
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1 tsp lemon juice
For the toppings:
- 3 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 6-8 fresh blueberries
- Start by adding your unsweetened almond milk to a blender. Add spinach and kale, then banana, and mango.
- Either squeeze 1/4 of a lemon or 1 teaspoon of bottled lemon juice into your blender.
- Blend on high speed until entire mixture is green and there are no spinach and kale pieces in the mix. This may require more than 2/3 cups of almond milk depending on the strength of your blender. The mix should be a bit thicker than a typical smoothie.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl (or two smaller bowls).
- Top with coconut flakes, hemp seeds, and chia seeds. I like to put each in a line vertically across the smoothie bowl. Continue the vertical lines with your sliced kiwi and blueberries.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy immediately!