Everybody loves a good classic acai bowl! Acai is an amazing superfood that gives you energy, is loaded with antioxidants, and is nutrient dense. If you don’t feel like dropping $10 on your next acai bowl, you can make it at home using this simple recipe and customize it to your liking. I make this bowl often and love to add different superfood supplements to the mix when I need an extra boost.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (plus or minus for consistency)
- 1.5 packets of frozen unsweetened acai (I usually use Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1/4 cup frozen banana
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberry
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh fruit for topping
- 1 tbsp nut butter for topping
- 1 tbsp superfoods for topping
- Combine almond milk, acai packets, banana, and strawberry in your blender.
- Blend the mixture until it’s completely incorporated but thicker than a typical smoothie. Add more almond milk to make the mixture thinner or ice to make it thicker.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and spread it equally.
- Take your chopped fruit of choice, nut butter, and superfood add-ins and arrange them on top of the bowl to customize.
- Serve and eat immediately to avoid melting!