I tend to get bored really quickly with breakfast options. Even though I like to meal prep my breakfast during the week, the weekends are time to be creative! That’s when I came up with this butternut squash skillet that features ground turkey and of course, eggs! If you’re looking for something you can quickly throw together and put in the oven, this recipe is perfect.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 pound of ground turkey
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled, cubed
- 2-4 eggs (depending on preference)
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium saucepan, bring two cups of water to a boil.
- Place the cubed butternut squash in the boiling water, and boil for 10-15 minutes, until soft.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat on a skillet. Add the ground turkey and cook completely, about 10 minutes. You can do this while the squash is boiling.
- Keep the turkey on your skillet and add the cooked butternut squash, distributing evenly.
- Clear two to four openings in the skillet and crack your eggs into them. Season with salt and pepper, and top with finely chopped chives.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, depending on how fully you prefer your eggs to be cooked. Remove from oven and portion onto plates and serve to between two and four people.