Want to start your day with a smoothie that won’t spike your blood sugar and will keep you full for hours? Look no further! I started making this smoothie when I realized how much sugar I was unintentionally drinking in my smoothies that had lots of banana and sugary liquids. This smoothie recipe is great fuel for your body and has a limited amount of fruit in order to reduce sugar intake. Plus, it’s so creamy and refreshing!
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 heaping tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 frozen berries
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Start by putting your almond milk directly into the blender. Then, add the spinach and almond butter and press down into the blender with a spoon.
- Add the rest of your ingredients (berries, ice, hemp seeds, and chia seeds) and blend on high speed until desired texture is reached. Add more almond milk for a thinner smoothie and more ice for a thicker one.
- Pour and drink immediately to keep you full all day!